1. Exfoliation: want that pedicure feel, but don’t have the money? No problem. Grab a potato and slice it vertically down the middle into two halves. Coat the insides with coarse sea salt and scrub your feet. Voilà! Instantly smoother.
2. Do you dye your hair, but the chlorine in pools make it fade? Preserve your color by adding conditioner to your hair before you jump in the pool. If you prefer the more natural route, use coconut, olive or sesame oil.
3. Sunshine, chlorine and sea water can all dry out your hair. To remedy this you can make your own natural hair mask with 3 simple ingredients: 1 egg, 1 ripe avocado and one tablespoon of honey. If you like coconut oil like I do, throw that in there as well. Mix them all in a blender and apply to your hair, leaving it in for 20 minutes and then rinse.
4. Purchase a foundation that is too dark for your complexion? Add some moisturizer to lighten it up.
5. Nail polish can be stored in the fridge to prevent bubbles from forming. In the heat, bubbles tend to form in the nail polish bottles, making them chunky in appearance. Avoid this by putting your nail polish in the fridge! Just don’t eat it!
6. Running low on mascara as well as funds? Add a squirt of contact solution or eye drops into your mascara tube.
7. Sometimes I get sunburn on my scalp. It sounds gross, but using plain yogurt right on my scalp soothes it instantly. After make sure you rinse it out and then condition your scalp. It will be on its way to healing soon!
8. Fight the frizz! I hate how my hair gets frizzy when it’s humid out. Mix two tablespoons of avocado oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil and put it into a spray bottle. When your hair needs to be tamed, give it a spritz. You’ll smell instantly like the beach.
9. Rub vaseline on your pulse points (on your wrists) before you spray perfume. It will make the scent last longer because it bonds with the vaseline.
10. Switch to moisturizer with SPF in the summer. No skin cancer risks!
I hope you enjoyed my list of beauty hacks.